Here are some tips to get you started
- Work with your doctor to set reasonable weight-loss goals
- Keep a food diary
- Balance your calories with your activity level
- Clear the house of unhealthy foods
- Keep healthy foods readily available
- Practice portion control
- Eat salads and raw veggies to fill up
- Drink plenty of water during the day so you are well hydrated for exercise
- Celebrate with healthy rewards
Don’t try everything at once. Pick out a few tips that you can commit to. Give it a go. Over time, you’ll find a few things that really work to help keep you on track.
Staying on track contract
Pledges. Resolutions. Promises. When trying to lose weight in the past, you may have made a few of these. But how about trying something a little different this time? Write down your goals for the week and what the rewards will be if you stick to your plan.